Quails are funny little birds...

One time my button quail cream, laid 3 eggs in one day!
IMG_8759.JPG

I need to run to town right now, so I will be back later.

What kind of quail do you keep? Got photos? :)
That's okay! I'll talk to you later.
I have one little button quail. He is a wonderful little bird. He is actually sitting with me right now... Surprising. He hasn't flown away yet... His name is Scuttle (From the Little Mermaid) He is crazy just like that seagull. His colors look like him too! He is changing colors a bit, turning more Carmel than gray. Most of the time I just call him quail or Mr. Quail. My dogs love to watch him. I don't trust my big dog though. (He licks his lips when I hold the quail). I love to hear him sing, he has a couple of little chips. This morning I heard him crow. When I scratch his chin he sings his own little song. This might sound crazy but I think his feet are so cute! They are long and yellow. he's got little toenails. If only they had chicken nail polish! Obviously, he doesn't lay eggs... I was hoping for a female because It would be wonderful to have some little eggs. I kinda want to hatch them again. They are crazy and don't want to end up with too many. He is so spoiled, he wasn't intended to be in the house. But yet here he is, a 20-gallon aquarium. His house is a sandwich bag box. I found a little wreath at target and put it up there! He has a tiny Christmas tree in there too. He loves pasta noodles. I still haven't taken his heat away... It's about time. He just looks so cozy and peaceful when he sleeps under his lamp. I had 2 chicks, the other didn't end up making it, she was a bit deformed. A lot cuddler than him. Over a while, he has become a cuddle bug. When he was a chick he was bright yellow. He had squinty little eyes, they are now black beating little eyes. It's crazy, he still has the same personality. The baby loved to snuggle each other. When I found the second chick she was about 4 weeks old. She looked at ease when I found her. She struggled a lot. She could barely walk. My vet wanted to look at her. I thought that was a little crazy. It would be 70 dollars just to see her... I thought that was a little crazy. He is becoming quite the little guy! He sings a lot. Sometimes get lets out a LOUD crow. I always think something is wrong. I go look, and he's just jumping around. I tried to take some pictures. I think I need to get my phone and take them
IMG_20201130_083419.jpg

I've never had any quail, but between friday and saturday I hatched three tiny cuties.
IMG_20201129_201749.jpg

IMG_20201129_201759.jpg

IMG_20201129_201800.jpg

They're tiny hiperactive and funny babies. One of them in particular loves to jump on the heating plate and scream anxiously until he sees my hand or my dog and then will chirp happly😂
In the brooder, and outside of it, when they're exploring my room, they play a lot jumping and running like crazy.
They all love to follow my dog (Tilly) around, that is always worried about hurting one of them and so she tries to go away, but they keep following her until they find something more interesting to do:rolleyes:

I've never had any quail, but between friday and saturday I hatched three tiny cuties.
View attachment 2431131
View attachment 2431183
View attachment 2431134
They're tiny hiperactive and funny babies. One of them in particular loves to jump on the heating plate and scream anxiously until he sees my hand or my dog and then will chirp happly😂
In the brooder, and outside of it, when they're exploring my room, they play a lot jumping and running like crazy.
They all love to follow my dog (Tilly) around, that is always worried about hurting one of them and so she tries to go away, but they keep following her until they find something more interesting to do:rolleyes:
Hi. Take a look at the quail thread. But my pictures are not so nice. I was so anxious to take care of them I didn't took many

Back
Top Bottom