Quails are hatching!

TonysChickens

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2012
SF Bay Area
My coturnix are hatching! I had 60 for lockdown, and so far on day 17, I have 14 hatched, and more pipping. Too bad the larger eggs are not pipping yet.

Out of the hatched ones, I have one that is particularly lighter color, both skin and feather are lighter than the others. The feather is more yellow. It doesn't look as light as the A&M that I seen pictures of.

These eggs came from James Marie farms and Stellar.

One of these little buggers is really really loud, constantly chirping really loudly. I have food, water, and heat, so Im not sure what it wants. None of the others are chirping like it.

Cant wait for the rest to hatch! This hatch is hard because I was hatching trader joe chicken eggs with it, and those were due almost a week before these, so its been lockdown for a week now.

Congrats on your hatch! I'm sure you'll get more chicks to hatch.
I have bobwhite quail eggs, golden pheasants, and chukars in my incubator right now.

Enjoy your chicks!
wink.png

Thanks!

I have 17 hatched now! And another light color one, so two of those. I wonder what those will turn out looking. Hope I get a male and female pair to mate them!

Yes they are! Two yellow ones with a faint brown bars just like those. One is more yellow than the other (less pronounced bar).

So far I have 26 hatched, and 2 zipping, 1 pipped, and a wiggle. Most of the larger eggs show no movement though :(

Yes they are! Two yellow ones with a faint brown bars just like those. One is more yellow than the other (less pronounced bar).

So far I have 26 hatched, and 2 zipping, 1 pipped, and a wiggle. Most of the larger eggs show no movement though :(
Your Yellow ones with be golden\ Italian type birds. Those are my favorites... Dont know why... Your eggs came from birds with a "dirty lineage"... ,mixed pen, or both.... I still like'em thou! Nice hatch!
thumbsup.gif
Bill

those are some good looking chicks.
When I lose some of my chicks I feel so bad since they got so far in the egg and just to come out and die.. I bury mine.. I know its sill but I figured they got out so they need a nice burial... But yes I tend to like the golden colors a little more. But out of all the quail I have had I like the coturnix the best cause after they mature they are friendly and when i feed and water they walk all over myhands and even peck at me lightly.. They are not being mean they are just curiuos. But when mine hatch out its like the first time each time i get excited.. I have been hatching for about 3 years now and I enjoy it so so much.. I sure do hope you enjoy your eggs

Back
Top Bottom