quails hatching soon! tips?

Can you see in your incubator without opening to post some pictures? Would love to follow along.
263a.png

It was only my most recent hatch that I saw an egg move before it hatched. So many people talk about their eggs rocking, but mine never did. Some pip and sit for ages before they start to unzip, often for 24 hours, but others are eager to get out. Once one has hatched and starts peeping, it usually encourages others to hurry up and get hatching.

Doesn't stop me hovering and checking every 5 minutes though to see if there's been progress though! So don't feel silly for sitting and staring at them, just waiting for them to pop out.

Doesn't stop me hovering and checking every 5 minutes though to see if there's been progress though! So don't feel silly for sitting and staring at them, just waiting for them to pop out. 

Me too right now. I'm trying to distract myself and every time I check it's the same crack with no progress. XD

My wife complains.. I prepare and have more dedication for me. Quails babies then... for our two girls (Sofia and Naomi)..... Haahahahahahahba

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

My wife complains.. I prepare and have more dedication for me. Quails babies then... for our two girls (Sofia and Naomi)..... Haahahahahahahba

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Quails are adorable. Also its been 8 hours since I saw the crack and no progress :(

Quails are adorable. Also its been 8 hours since I saw the crack and no progress
sad.png

That's ok, some take 24 hours, some a bit longer. Once one is out and peeping it should speed up the others. I had one I left for 36 hours before I stepped in and helped. It hadn't got any further than a pip, and even then it still had a vein that I managed to make bleed, thankfully not much. Its a perfectly healthy chick so I'm glad I helped out. So don't step in too early as you can do more harm than good. As long as your humidity is high they should pop out just fine. But the hardest part is being patient.

Back
Top Bottom