Quails

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Pjsmithsparky, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Coco17

Coco17 New Egg

Dec 3, 2013
    im in California USA[​IMG]

2. QuailRaiser

QuailRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

ok, i don't know what it looks like down there, but up here in canada they're pretty easy to find. you can always mail order the chicks or hatching eggs though

3. dc3085

dc3085 Chillin' With My Peeps

Where are you in California and what type of quail are you looking for? I can probably help guide you.

4. Coco17

Coco17 New Egg

Dec 3, 2013
    I live around concord. I was hoping for courtenix quail

5. Fo4Chainz

Fo4Chainz Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2014
    Tulare , Ca
    Hello gang I have just join and started to find lot of interes caring for my 3wks quails. I just go done with my coop this past weekend and I think it came.out pretty good. Ill post pictures of my birds and my coop.

If anybody near Tulare Ca that knows anybody that sales gambels quail please advise, thanks

6. humboldtgrrl

humboldtgrrl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2013
    Humboldt, CA
    My quail are now 3 months 2 weeks old and still not laying, although they are not on artificial light. I heard the first shaky crow out of 1 of the 2 known males (I had to cull one male at 6 weeks for being aggressive and having mutilating behavior). I'm hoping eggs are coming soon, I've been checking everyday!

7. dc3085

I've been away for a couple weeks, didn't see this. You should start getting eggs within the week if you aren't already. My birds always start end of march and your a bit farther north so you can sort of expect beginning of april each year if you aren't lighting them. Farther away from the equator=later start.

8. chickmagnet123

chickmagnet123 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2014
    Queen Creek,AZ
    hey i just found 10 quail eggs im my hay bales a few droped so there were 12 but now 10 are they still good the ones i droped the yolks were really yellow and sticky is that good are the other ones good ive never hatched quails before

9. dc3085

If they are fertile and less than 10 days old they are most likely hatchable.

10. chickmagnet123

chickmagnet123 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2014
    Queen Creek,AZ
    they all have there air bubbles in them so thats good i think, right, and they seem like two or three days old ?
    so does that mean there fertile[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by