QuailShaQ 101.1

sick and tired of your ism and skism game...

You can fool some people sometimes, But you can't fool all the people all the time, So now we see the light- We gonna stand up for our right...

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
they sure are cute things!

Some of you may like this anecdote, others not so much, but its the Quailaborative and we need history. I read the heritage RIR thread (I appreciate Mr. Chris and Mr. Robert), and other LF chicken threads, they do educate and bring character and charm to their birds...

So, in this pic, the top 2 birds are solid white. one on the left is my Roo on the right a Hen, both from a "line" of birds, raised by an older woman named Miss Ruth for 20+ years, I understand she got them directly from GQF, Georgia Quail Farm, and basically for 20+ years bred for the all white color, size, size of egg and size of birds. they were her birds...I did not get a chance to speak with Miss Ruth, she passed several years ago, but want to thank her.

I got them from a young lady in Waccassassa, Missy, who got them from Miss Ruth. Missy and her husband bought Miss Ruth's Breeders when she was very sick in the hospital. Missy told me she also liked to breed the ones with less and less brown spots, but there probably was some jumbo brown or texas AM white quail mixed in there somewhere.

the Quail journey has brought me to this point, I would like to try to take it back to Miss Ruth's Waccassassa Whites GQF birds, with the same size and type as my all white girl. but not to call them Model_A's whites- I am the newb, Miss Ruth's deserves the credit for awhile and though I never met her, I hope she smiles bout this.

67513_p1030451.jpg

hmmm, maybe we can get a little good for the qame Quailrivalry going in the Quailaborative? Georgia/Florida Whites vs. Texas/Kansas Browns? be a heck of a football game...

Last edited:
You nailed it...
gig.gif

and if any other countries want in on the action...holler, especially you- O'Canada- ya'll can play some icestick, drink beer and raise some Quail too.

Back
Top Bottom