Quality Hardware cloth brands

armac13

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2022
South Western Pennsylvania
Can anyone suggest any trusted quality hardware cloth brands? I purchased some 19G 1/2 inch at the beginning of the year from TSC which seemed fine, but that brand is no longer available there. I got some from Lowe's last week and it is noticeably more flimsy and lots of places the welding was broken. It was supposed to be the same gauge (19 and 1/2 inch). I'm in PA and looking online as well. I'm looking for 19G or stronger, 1/2 inch galvanized hardware cloth, sizes 4' by 100'. Looking for a reliable source from people who have used it. Online reviews for one company seem great, but they are all posted on the same date..this company also has a few complaints against them filed to BBB. It's hard to know which product to trust and it's not a cheap thing to do if returns are required, and more expensive in the long run if it's a shoddy product. Will greatly appreciate any feedback.

I can't seem to start a new thread but was wondering about using 1/2 x 1/2 on the bottom 3' of the run and 1 x 1/2 on the top portion. Has anyone done this? This is also because finding good sources in stock are getting challenging. Southern States has the 1 x 1/2 and I can't get enough of the 1/2 x 1/2 locally for the bottom half as well.

Last edited:
I can't seem to start a new thread but was wondering about using 1/2 x 1/2 on the bottom 3' of the run and 1 x 1/2 on the top portion. Has anyone done this? This is also because finding good sources in stock are getting challenging. Southern States has the 1 x 1/2 and I can't get enough of the 1/2 x 1/2 locally for the bottom half as well.
My understanding is that 1" x 1/2" is typically stronger (stronger gauge) than 1/2 x 1/2, and equally good or better than 1/2 x 1/2. It's just often more expensive.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom