Quality of King Brand Feed (ingredients listed in post)?

blbgp

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 26, 2009
King Brand feed is carried at all my closest feed stores here. I know a lot of people on this board like Purina Layena, though. Can you tell from this info if King Brand is a decent food? I am a new to this only have four pet layers, and want to try to give them the best. Thanks so much for your help!!

Purina Info: http://www.poultrynutrition.com/OURPRODUCTS/Products/Layena/default.aspx

King
Brand Info:

KING BRAND PRO-AM

POULTRY LAYER PELLETS

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
Crude Protein, not less than.......................…………......16.0%
Crude Fat, not less than............................…………........4.0%
Crude Fiber, not more than............................…………....6.5%
Calcium, not less than..................................………….....2.8%
Calcium, not more than.................................…………....3.2%
Phosphorus, not less than...........................………….....0.7%
Sodium, not more than..............................…………........0.3%
Lysine, not less than..……………………..……….………0.80%
Methionine & Cystine, not less than……....……….......0.65%
Copper, not less than..………….………….………........14 PPM
Zinc, not less than..........................………..…….……..100 PPM

Added Selenium, not less than...........………..……....0.28 PPM
Vitamin A, not less than..................……....…………4000 IU/LB
Vitamin D, not less than..................………..…………750 IU/LB
Vitamin E, not less than.........…………..……….………25 IU/LB
Metabolizable Energy, not less than......……....1230 KCAL/LB

Wheat Millrun, Ground White Corn, Ground Wheat, Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Rice Bran, Ground Lima Beans, Monocalcium and Dicalcium Phosphate, l-Lysine Hydrochloride, d-l Methionine, Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, Direct Fed Microbials (Heat Stable cultures of Lactobacillus acidophilus, L. casei, Bifidobacterium bifidium, Enterococcus faecium and Aspergillus oryzae), Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation solubles, Hydrated Calcium-Sodium Aluminosilicate, Yucca Schidigera Whole Plant Powder, Betaine (a natural plant extract), Selenium Yeast, Zinc Methionine Complex, Manganese Methionine Complex, Copper Lysine Complex, Cobalt Glucoheptonate, Niacin Supplement, Naturally Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid & Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, D-Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Tribasic Copper Chloride, Ethylene Diamine Dihydroiodide, Sodium Selenite.

Last edited:
Don't really know how they compare, but it is nice to see the grain ingredients listed on the tag. Last time I looked at Purina it said grain byproducts & grain or something like that. I would like to know "what" grain products! Hope someone else can help.

I live about 2.5 hours south of King City, CA (only 1.5 hours from my work) and I have been using their feed exclusively for years. I have been very happy with their feed, from the donkeys, goats, horses, chickens, ducks and deer
wink.png
. In fact, I have a friend that buys it wholesale and I just bought 80 bags of various feeds from them. He bought 60 bags and I picked it up for us in my truck and trailer, 7000k lbs.

Where do you live?

North of King City, near Monterey. Glad to hear it's good food...one of our local stores that doesn't carry it got me a little nervous.

I live in the Santa Cruz mountains a few minutes from Santa Cruz.

I started my chicks on King Brand medicated grower in May, switched to non-medicated King grower in July and now they are on 50%/50% grower/layer from end of August on...

My next bag will be King layer crumbles, like you listed AND I got my first egg yesterday!

King Brand has been around the Central Coast for a long time, good local quality.

--Hugh

I just came in here to ask the same question - glad to know people like this feed.

EDIT EDIT: not the same brand...

Last edited:
I didn't post any 'false info'.

There was no link to ruralking.com in the link I posted (which I did not participate in btw) - I mistakenly assumed it was the same as the king-brand.com because a) their names are similar, b) they are both up in the King County area as far as I know, and c) the person I met who is a local distributor for king-brand feed said it was a local/rural feed.

My apologies, but nothing I posted is false. I came here looking for information before I switch my bird's feed. Maybe you should also work on your reading comprehension.

Quote:
King-Brand feed is located in King City, CALIFORNIA

Rural King is located in Mattoon, ILLINOIS

I am not sure how they can be in the same county. Your from Los Angles, so you were probably dealling with King-Brand feed, the same feed I use and that this post is in reguards to.

Back
Top Bottom