Quechua Thread

I would like to put this out there...

I think it is fine to make composites of your breeds. But please don't make a habit of passing them on without plenty of communication. If you pass them on at all...

Education is the key.

The Colloncas I have been offering are "true" Colloncas. Meaning there stock has origination in Chili and has not been crossed with EEs. And any cross-breeding was done with fore-thought and intention.

Just know that nice looking birds are a part of the experience of keeping animals. But in conservation of breeds, we want to be careful not to make a mess of things. Wondering if that birds is really what it seems to be.

I do think it is fine to Cross the Sweet Potatoes with EE. I think that is a great thing to do to introduce fresh genetics. If that is done then one should/can breed back towards the original EE if desired. You will be happy with the color and temperament added to the birds.

Yashar

Yashar, do you know any other breeders of these gorgeous birds? I would love to add Colloncas and Quechuas to my flock, but I haven't been able to locate any other breeders. I don't show birds, and I honestly don't care about show standards. If the birds are healthy and breeding true, the tint of the plumage and exact shade of legs doesn't matter to me at all. Do you know anybody who imports or breeds in the states who is willing to offer eggs or chicks?

I would like to put this out there...

I think it is fine to make composites of your breeds. But please don't make a habit of passing them on without plenty of communication. If you pass them on at all...

Education is the key.

The Colloncas I have been offering are "true" Colloncas. Meaning there stock has origination in Chili and has not been crossed with EEs. And any cross-breeding was done with fore-thought and intention.

Just know that nice looking birds are a part of the experience of keeping animals. But in conservation of breeds, we want to be careful not to make a mess of things. Wondering if that birds is really what it seems to be.

I do think it is fine to Cross the Sweet Potatoes with EE. I think that is a great thing to do to introduce fresh genetics. If that is done then one should/can breed back towards the original EE if desired. You will be happy with the color and temperament added to the birds.

Yashar

Totally agreed... the more you work with these birds, the more you see their unique traits as individual landraces.

So, I guess this is directed at me. I never have tried to pass off any of my birds without communication of exactly what they are. I am not trying to sell my birds as anything but maybe locally as colored egg layers. I have Aruacanas, Ameruacanas, Colloncas, Quechua, and a small amount of Olmecs. I am crossing some of my South American birds to improve what I have. I will not be sharing photos on this thread. I am disappointed about the education so far about these breeds. Not very much info being discussed. I will go back to reading the original thread by Revolution and go my own way.

So, I guess this is directed at me. I never have tried to pass off any of my birds without communication of exactly what they are. I am not trying to sell my birds as anything but maybe locally as colored egg layers. I have Aruacanas, Ameruacanas, Colloncas, Quechua, and a small amount of Olmecs. I am crossing some of my South American birds to improve what I have. I will not be sharing photos on this thread. I am disappointed about the education so far about these breeds. Not very much info being discussed. I will go back to reading the original thread by Revolution and go my own way.
Poularde,

Did not mean it to be a jab at you, I can see what you mean though, I should probably have worded it differently...

That is why I specifically brought out that I do think it is fine enjoy the different combinations and crosses of the different breeds. Your definitely doing what I hoped would be done - communicating.

I would love to have your input and enjoy your pictures

Again, sorry for coming across like you were doing something wrong. I don't think you were...

Yashar

Last edited:
Poularde,
I have met Yashar personally several times now, and I can tell you that he is a genuinely nice, giving person. I know that it came off wrong, but I can assure you that he would never mean it in a rude way. He isn't that type of person, he really honestly is not. I hope you continue to be involved here, too. I'd love to see pics, especially of the Olmec! I have several, and will be working with them exclusively.

i apologize for getting upset. It can be frustrating dealing with breeders in general. I have worked with Aruacanas mostly and not very good feedback from them having to do with Colloncas.
I love my Olmec hen. I unfortunately lost one of my hens to a predator last week. I love the black skin and eyes. I would love to work with them more. I plan on working on a project and I will try and keep people updated.

Thank you Yashar for the PMs and that link.
smile.png

i apologize for getting upset. It can be frustrating dealing with breeders in general. I have worked with Aruacanas mostly and not very good feedback from them having to do with Colloncas.
I love my Olmec hen. I unfortunately lost one of my hens to a predator last week. I love the black skin and eyes. I would love to work with them more. I plan on working on a project and I will try and keep people updated.

Thank you Yashar for the PMs and that link.
smile.png
I am so happy that the Breeders here are so much friendlier! Some Breed threads\breeders can be brutal.

Back
Top Bottom