Quechua Thread

Pics
That's what I mean... Reading about it is not exactly first hand experience. So for anyone else reading the thread, I can tell you that Quechua have very different traits than hatchery birds, in behavior (mating and otherwise), appearance, and the NON-silkie fibromelanism. I own them. I didn't read about them to decide these things.

Please keep asking. Personally, I don't respond to emails very quickly. And I hope nobody is offended by that (though some have been)!
I'm not breeding this year. But If I happen to get a group together I'll put some eggs up for sale. I'm not keeping a running list of names but your welcome to ask. But I may not respond, not because I don't like you, I just don't have the time...
I have 99+ unread messages
hide.gif
. So for those recent inquiries... please bear with me!

Oh,
thanks MA Mama for the plug for the "EErs"
The path from "unimproved" Quechua to the "Improved North American Quechua" that was presented at the World's Fair to the Hatchery Americauna (erroneously sometimes called Auracauna
idunno.gif
by those hatchery folks) slash Easter Egger stock we are inundated with is not a simple one. *Did you follow that?*

True, Certain phenotypes are desired... But the gene pool of the Sweet Potato is not identical to that of an EEer I've made certain of that...There are certainly south pacific jungle fowl ancestors involved.

These lines are indeed in need of stewards. Are they in dire straights? I don't think so. They are a collective work of genetic baking and preservation.

I appreciate those who have a heart to not settle for what the big hatcheries are pushing. They aren't breeding for roosters that help raise the chicks and guard over the hens with their lives. They do love sex crazed roosters that don't mind pecking you child's eyes out.

I haven't had a rooster attack anyone except for one little bugger who had a lot of game bird and he would go for your ankles. Never have I had a Sweet Potato even come close to attacking.

Well,
Thanks for listening...

Please keep asking. Personally, I don't respond to emails very quickly. And I hope nobody is offended by that (though some have been)!
I'm not breeding this year. But If I happen to get a group together I'll put some eggs up for sale. I'm not keeping a running list of names but your welcome to ask. But I may not respond, not because I don't like you, I just don't have the time...
I have 99+ unread messages
hide.gif
. So for those recent inquiries... please bear with me!

Oh,
thanks MA Mama for the plug for the "EErs"
The path from "unimproved" Quechua to the "Improved North American Quechua" that was presented at the World's Fair to the Hatchery Americauna (erroneously sometimes called Auracauna
idunno.gif
by those hatchery folks) slash Easter Egger stock we are inundated with is not a simple one. *Did you follow that?*

True, Certain phenotypes are desired... But the gene pool of the Sweet Potato is not identical to that of an EEer I've made certain of that...There are certainly south pacific jungle fowl ancestors involved.

These lines are indeed in need of stewards. Are they in dire straights? I don't think so. They are a collective work of genetic baking and preservation.

I appreciate those who have a heart to not settle for what the big hatcheries are pushing. They aren't breeding for roosters that help raise the chicks and guard over the hens with their lives. They do love sex crazed roosters that don't mind pecking you child's eyes out.

I haven't had a rooster attack anyone except for one little bugger who had a lot of game bird and he would go for your ankles. Never have I had a Sweet Potato even come close to attacking.

Well,
Thanks for listening...
Yashar I am always needing new Black Quechua Olmec eggs, chicks, or adults. I lost a really wonderful rooster to EEE this summer and my numbers could use some boosting. Keep me in mind if you have something and I'll come by whenever is convenient for you!

Yashar, I feel you on being busy and not being able to return mails and calls.

Does anyone know if there are Quetro in the US? The bird from the Peruvian highlands.

Oh, I see. I would love to have a few of your sweet potato chickens. I hope to catch you when you have a few again. Darn me for not doing it earlier. Looks like lots of folks are interested in what you are doing. Pretty awesome.

Hi: I am still interested in purchasing some hatching eggs from you. Hope you'll have time to read. If you are farming, it is difficult to fit in extra work. Gretchen

Back
Top Bottom