Quechua Thread

I would like to put this out there...

The Colloncas I have been offering are "true" Colloncas. Meaning there stock has origination in Chili and has not been crossed with EEs. And any cross-breeding was done with fore-thought and intention.
So you know what the Kolloncas (or Colloncas) and Ketros are. Nice, great

A thought I had reading the last few pages....

EEs for the most part can be any bird that ,as a breed, will lay various colored eggs. But of course, we would most likely consider an EE to be the Improved North American Quechua (Ameraucana) and its many crossbred hatchery derivatives. When you have an "Easter Egger" you really can hardly expect any particular standard, even egg color. That is why they are in fact called Easter Eggers. Should you expect a pea comb? Nope. Grey or blue legs? Nope. Or even a bird that has as much as 50% Quechua? I would not think so.
You certainly would be doing yourself an injustice to attempt to do any breeding with the hope of reaching something that even comes close to an Araucana within 5 generations. And even then you will have undesirable traits for another 5 generations.

Yashar

caf.gif

I want some! ...... Tomorrow I get my first group of Araucanas, 3 cockerels....more coming from other breeders....

I put a couple of Easter Egger (hatchery Ameraucana) hens under my Quechua rooster and we got our first hatch. I am hoping they will be like the Easter Eggers we used to get from the hatcheries back in the '80s. I am also hoping most are pullets but I know we can't keep them all.

Here are the pullet colors.

The cockerels looked like their father except this one that I am trying to rehome. I wanted him to live but he may go to the auction on Saturday since his father is chasing him away from his hens. He is roosting on top the coop and running with the ducks. I can't keep another rooster and his unconfined crowing is reason to take him to the auction if no one wants to add him to their flock.

@Duck Drover,

Am I understanding you correctly? - The cockerel you're looking to rehome is a Quechua x EE cross?

How old is he? What color are his legs? Does he have a pea comb?

I now have 6 Araucana roos and 2 Araucana pullets. I have some more pullets coming in the spring.

Send me a PM and include your location in WA... I might be interested in him.....

~ Rita

Ok, I blew up the pic - looks like he has either slate or willow legs? Maybe blue looking legs? - He's a nice roo.... Looks like he also has a nice pea comb?

Ok, I blew up the pic - looks like he has either slate or willow legs? Maybe blue looking legs? - He's a nice roo.... Looks like he also has a nice pea comb?

His legs are slate and he has a pea comb.

@Duck Drover,

Am I understanding you correctly? - The cockerel you're looking to rehome is a Quechua x EE cross?

How old is he? What color are his legs? Does he have a pea comb?

I now have 6 Araucana roos and 2 Araucana pullets. I have some more pullets coming in the spring.

Send me a PM and include your location in WA... I might be interested in him.....

~ Rita

He is half Quechua and half (true to the original type) Easter Egger. The hen lays blue green eggs so he should throw strong blue egg genetics and he is very handsome. I would love for him to have a chance to live. I will send you a PM.

Thank you, I got the PM..... can you give me a day or two? Let me see if I can work out a trip to come get him?

He'd have a good home here, all my animals are rotten
wink.png
and get to free range in a nice environment.... Maybe I could even find a couple of Quechua pullets somewhere.... There's a guy in CA, I know he has the Mapuche type, but I don't know if he has Quechua too....

I'll send you another PM, see what you're schedule is like and when might be a good time for you....

~ Rita

Thank you, I got the PM..... can you give me a day or two? Let me see if I can work out a trip to come get him?

He'd have a good home here, all my animals are rotten ;) and get to free range in a nice environment.... Maybe I could even find a couple of Quechua pullets somewhere.... There's a guy in CA, I know he has the Mapuche type, but I don't know if he has Quechua too....

I'll send you another PM, see what you're schedule is like and when might be a good time for you....

~ Rita

I replied to your PM. :)

Back
Top Bottom