QUESA IS GIVING BIRTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
We don't sell to petstores. 30lbs sounds like a lot for the male, but when you see Nacho in person he's not really all that big, and has a lighter bone structure. Quesa was FINE breeding, and we know how to breed our dogs, we've been doing it for well over 6 years now. We already knew she'd be fine to breed to Nacho, we consulted our vet, don't think we're just some stupid backyard breeder with mutts, we're NOT. We truely believe that Labradoodles are a remarkable new breed, and just because the AKC and CKC are facists, doesn't mean they're not a breed. For instance, Cockapoos and Shihpoos have been LOVED breeds for well over 20 years now, and have yet to be recognized as a purebred by the facist AKC and CKC. It's so bad in Canada, that you cannot ship any dog by Westjet that isn't CKC registered, and you cannot advertise a purebred in the papers without it being CKC registered, they control every part of our community.

I believe the Labradoodles are worth every penny, but when selling a dog you need to effectively price them, obviously $1300 is a little outrageous for a mix breed, even for a purebred, and whoever shops at a petstore for their dog or cat deserves to have problems in the future, that is an irresponsible thing to do considering MOST petstores get their puppies and kittens from puppy/cat mills.

I didn't get a chance to see the comments made above and removed, but since most purebred breeders in our area are apart of a rude, facist dog community filled with snobbery, I can only imagine what they said. I love my dogs, and I love my Labradoodle, he's fun loving, just like a Lab, but doesn't shed, and he's on the smaller side. He's perfect for someone like me who is ALLERGIC to dogs, but loves Labs.

And for your information, we used to breed purebred Labrador Retrievers, and we still do breed CKC registered Poodles, which is what the mother is. We're not irresponsible, and we wouldn't breed Quesa to Nacho if we didn't think or know she would be alright. As it happens, Quesa is a fast, and easy welper, who did it ALL herself, so much for a C-section risk.

Okay, to clear some things up... Nacho, the dad is a SMALL Mini Labradoodle, he BARELY touches 30lbs, but he has a small bone structure, and is a lot smaller than he seems... lots of hair! QUESA, the mother is a 5/6lb Toy poodle, she has a larger bone structure. NOTE we consulted our vet about breeding them, and we were given the go ahead. As many people should know, it is the size of the mother that determines the size of the puppies.

I'm not sure if the comments made were more on the side of the size difference, or the breed in general, but what I can say about the breed is just because the AKC and the CKC tell you that you should only trust and buy purebreds, doesn't mean these puppies are any less worthy of the love of a family. We LOVE our LABRADOODLE, not only because he's our young man, but because he is full of life, and has the friendly, happy go lucky temperment of the Lab, and the size and hypoallergenic coat of a poodle. He is perfect for someone like me, who loves Labs... but is allergic to dogs.

DON'T HATE ON THE LABRADOODLE JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT CONSIDERED PUREBRED YET, FYI ALL PUREBRED DOGS HAVE MANY GENERATIONS OF OTHER BREEDS THAT MAKE UP THEIR BREED, NO PUREBRED IS TRUELY PUREBRED.

Anyway, Quesa and her puppies are doing great, they're all moving about, feeding, and doing excellent. We have two silvers, one yellow, and one buff.

A couple, REALLY BAD photos!

pups1.jpg

pups2.jpg

And a photo of dad!

nacho1.jpg

If you notice, Nacho is barely touching my mums knees at his withers... my mum is only 5'4", with very short legs... so Nacho is rather short, he looks hilarious right now because he's been shaved for the summer.

Last edited:
Glad she's okay. Pups are cute.

Some of my best dogs were mutts, too. :) My current two are not mutts (they're akc registered fixed purebreds so I'm not sure it matters if they were mutts or not! hehe), but they would have been if the shelters here weren't so strict about adopting to people with young kids. *sigh*

Last edited:
Quote:
We've had bad experiences with purebreds, so we looked for a dog that was similar to the Lab, and came up with my lovely Nacho, pictured above. We do have four purebred dogs, because we have Quesa the mum, CKC registered Toy, bordering on small Mini Poodle, and her "sister," who's not really her sister.. Kitty, who is a true Toy Poodle, and definitely won't be bred to Nacho, she's going to get it on with our little Toy poodle stud, Simba...who is Nacho's dad. We've also have our Shihpoo girl, Ginny.. and occasionaly we breed Newfoundlanders, and we have a breeding pair... Chandler our Gentle Giant, Landseer Newfie, and Riker our Bronze Landseer Newfie.

Again, we've had many issues with purebreds, and ordinarily try to stay away from them, aside from the Newfoundlands.

... We just love dogs haha. I'm certain my mum would have many more breeds if she could, I'm certain she's looking into buying a Dacshund pair.

Great looking pups. They look very healthy. And let me just say, I love my mutt! Aren't we all mutts anyway. No need to be snobby about mutts. "Oh lord it's not a purebred". Who cares? A dog is a dog. Like Chick_a_dee said DON'T HATE!

Exactly! Because come on... the same type of snobbery exists with chickens, and horses... they're just as good as the purebreds, IF NOT BETTER! our hybrids hardly ever experience purebred diseases and defects! I have NEVER had a Shih-Poo that has suffered from a too short nose, and breathing problems, like the purebred Shih Tzu's do!

It's ALL about status with the purebreds, because people who get their purebreds fixed, still wanted CKC papers...well the papers are just toilet paper unless the dog is unfixed and showing/breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom