Question about bumble foot

Jesusfreak101

Songster
Sep 2, 2015
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Can it be on a chickens toe and not the pad? I have a hen who walks and runs (very determind hen who gets out). She eats drinks and acts completely normal. I have posted before about a scab on her foot. It hasnt got any worse but it also isnt any better at this point. I really prefer not doing surgry. I am pregnant so it alot more of a risk if i can get the infection from her. My husband would not be able to do it. So yeah if it isnt bumblefoot could it just be a scab or discoloration in her foot now. I know at one poijt she had a cut on that toe, not were the scab is so i am kinda wonder if it was just because of the way it healed that it looks different then her other foot. There is no heat in it or redness. So i am just confused at this point.

Can it be on a chickens toe and not the pad? I have a hen who walks and runs (very determind hen who gets out). She eats drinks and acts completely normal. I have posted before about a scab on her foot. It hasnt got any worse but it also isnt any better at this point. I really prefer not doing surgry. I am pregnant so it alot more of a risk if i can get the infection from her. My husband would not be able to do it. So yeah if it isnt bumblefoot could it just be a scab or discoloration in her foot now. I know at one poijt she had a cut on that toe, not were the scab is so i am kinda wonder if it was just because of the way it healed that it looks different then her other foot. There is no heat in it or redness. So i am just confused at this point.
Does she limp?

-Kathy

Not at all. Thats the confusing thing. I watched her this entire time and i have never seen her limp. Nor stand with her foot up. The only reason i noticed it was, i had just got done reading about bumble foot and causes and i wanted to check our hens feet to see what they looked like so i know and she had a cut and i watched it and it healed she also had the scab thing and i watched that to see if it changed or got bigger or anything and nothing has happened. So i dont know.

If they aren't limping, I don't mess with them.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Lol thanks lol yeah i kept going between treating and not i dont know that hen is my favorite so she be about the only one we would treat. Thats also because my two year old askes me every day to hold Adella lol so i dont think i can cull that one. If she was suffering yes but seriously that hen is a funny little ling she the biggest bird we have (i am pretty sure even through she is the fifth in the pecking order she the only one slightly over weight) i call her my fat girl. She barely fits throw cattle panal but is the only hen that has managed three times now to get out of their area some how and we havent a clue as to how. Lol the other day gardina and i were in the garden deweeding and adella just comes over and stands in the way after i tapped her and she didnt move gardina (top hen leghorn) pecked her several times and she finally moved lol. She stubborn.

Back
Top Bottom