Question about craigslist

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bigspringshatchery, Feb 19, 2012.

1. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    Im wanting to post an ad on craigslist but never have. i just created an account and about to make a listing. My question is instead of adding photos is it safe to just post a link to my albums of facebook? Dont want hackers somehow to get into my account.

2. ChickenLeg

ChickenLeg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    I don't see any problems at all with posting links on craigslist. Ive used craigslist for about a year now, posting all the time, and Ive yet to even create an account (accounts aren't really even needed since you can post without one).

3. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    Were you planning to list so many items that you need more than four pics at once? I have always just uploaded the pics.

4. BullyBreedsRock

BullyBreedsRock Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2012
    NE Ohio
    I just tell people to email for pics, or send their cell number and text them pics. that way you weed out some of the spamers and lookie lou's and get more of the people who are really interested.

5. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    If the poster can't be bothered putting up a photo, I don't bother opening the ad. My feeling is, if you're trying to sell something, take a picture of it and put it up so potential buyers can see what it is before they contact the seller. I wouldn't click on a link to someone's Facebook page - again, if they can't take the 30 seconds to upload the photo to the ad, then I'm not that interested in dealing with them.

6. ChickenLeg

Feb 15, 2012
    Both of you raise good points. I think it'd be best to integrate both perspectives by uploading one well taken photo, then by stating more photos are available upon request (just an idea).

7. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    you are going to get a ton of spam

I would upload the photos and use a craigslist only email account

And ask any one replying to use some thing special in the reply part of email. Rather than "RE: craigslist post 6+487919879" "Black Chickens"

But other than lots of friends in Nigeria....I have not had any issues with craigslist

8. ChickenLeg

Feb 15, 2012
    as much as I use craigslist Ive only had about 3 or 4 spam messages, the rest have been legit. and its never hard to spot the spam messengers.
    I also appreciate yahoo's unsubscribe list, which is pretty much a list to block spammers from being able to send you another message once you've blocked them

9. BullyBreedsRock

BullyBreedsRock Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2012
    NE Ohio

Good point... but to me that still sounds like a tire kicker, and not a serious buyer. In my oppinion if the buyer is serious they will read the ad no matter what, and that's the type of buyer I want to deal with. I have had no problems moving anything on craigslist without pics.[​IMG]

10. quercus21

quercus21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Tivoli, NY
    I use Craigslist from early March to mid September. I have a "standard" ad for a couple of items I sell. I have pictures on the ad, but also links to my main website with additional information and pictures of the items. As far as the spam, yea I get them, but after reading the message, it's pretty clear, so no reply is sent.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by