Question about eggs rocking

I am afraid that the curly toes could be because of momma. I have 2 female pekins and both had eggs in the bator. out of these five babies I had 3 pekins. The first pekin looks great but both of the last two have curly toes. Now last year I hatched two eggs from the same female. This was the first and only other time I tried to incubate and it was her first eggs laid. I didn't do enough research to know that I should let her lay more before hatching. One died early on (few days old) and the other had, what I now think was curly toes, that where never fixed. I did not know what was wrong with him at the time so I just dealt as best I could and helped him out as much as possible. Eventually the other males picked on him enough that he died. It was horrible. I was between a rock and a hard place because he wanted to be with the other ducks but they were cruel to him. Anyway, now with these two I am wondering if it is momma or incubation. I am not sure that both eggs came from the same mom but I do know that I had a quick spike in temp last night before they fully hatched. But I also had a Swedish unhatched at that same time who came out okay, with no curly toes. I guess I should also note that momma is healthy and has pretty feet
lol.png
. Either way I need advice on fixing this two little guys.Thank you all again! You have been these babies angels through all of this.
hugs.gif

I am afraid that the curly toes could be because of momma. I have 2 female pekins and both had eggs in the bator. out of these five babies I had 3 pekins. The first pekin looks great but both of the last two have curly toes. Now last year I hatched two eggs from the same female. This was the first and only other time I tried to incubate and it was her first eggs laid. I didn't do enough research to know that I should let her lay more before hatching. One died early on (few days old) and the other had, what I now think was curly toes, that where never fixed. I did not know what was wrong with him at the time so I just dealt as best I could and helped him out as much as possible. Eventually the other males picked on him enough that he died. It was horrible. I was between a rock and a hard place because he wanted to be with the other ducks but they were cruel to him. Anyway, now with these two I am wondering if it is momma or incubation. I am not sure that both eggs came from the same mom but I do know that I had a quick spike in temp last night before they fully hatched. But I also had a Swedish unhatched at that same time who came out okay, with no curly toes. I guess I should also note that momma is healthy and has pretty feet
lol.png
. Either way I need advice on fixing this two little guys.Thank you all again! You have been these babies angels through all of this.
hugs.gif

the toe thing can be corrected.
we will try to send julie over to the thread she knows how to do it.
hopefully everyone is doing good today .

and noone knows what causes foot problems or the leg issues for that matter.
some people say it is a temp, or humidity issue durring inucbation. but theres not much proof to it.

I use Moleskin pads and badage tape. I found the moleskin ideal while searching the net. It is the pads that you get for caluses on your feet. It is really sticky and can be cut to fit. I used tape just to keep any sticky over hang clean. He has had them on for a day. Oh and it ended up only being one, the other one's toes straightened up on his own.

All five babies that I helped are doing great! One has a "so ugly its cute) crest on top of his head AND a little puff coming off the side!
lau.gif
I also had two hatch on their own yesterday (I had some put in a few days after the first batch) I had a late quiter die over night
sad.png
and had to help another one this morning (who should do able to come out on his own soon). So I have seven babies out and running around and 1 that will be joining them soon. I am thankful that I only lost one through all of this. Thank you all for your help!!!!

Back
Top Bottom