Question about eggs?

rubenmarquez23

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 27, 2014
Houston, Tx
Okay so my old english bantam layed her first egg on Wednesday and two more on Thursday and Friday. She wasn't sitting on the eggs so I took them inside the house. Right now I noticed she was acting restless so I brought her the eggs and she sat on them I know there is a 24 hour period so see if my hen will go broody, so my question is if she does go broody will the eggs I took from her hatch?

The eggs should be viable still. Not being familiar with the breed, I don't know how many eggs they like to sit, but she might still gather a few more eggs before she decides that she has enough and starts to sit them. Or then she might not go broody. They often collect a clutch, and the eggs stay viable for quite some time. When the bird finally starts to sit them, they start developing at the same time due to the increased heat.

Well she has laid more eggs since this post right now she is sitting on 13 eggs, all of them are hers. Right now it's day 17 since I noticed that she went broody.

I live in Houston Texas, Im so excited this will be my first hatch ever! They are brown red bantam, but I am trying to get into gamefowl. I have a grey sweater cock and a green leg hatch hen.

Back
Top Bottom