question about how many new babies to leave in the 1588?

chickenlisa

Invincible Summer
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
I have 6 baby ducklings already hatched,2 zipped almost all the way now, with 5 more pipped already, and 6 other duck eggs still to go, plus 18 chicken eggs; all viable a few days ago. Feasibly, how many can fit in the Genesis 1588 once they are hatched? 2 of the babies hatched yesterday, 1 very early this morning, and 3 others since 10 am. I know they can stay there for 3 days and be ok. If all the eggs haven't hatched by tomorrow night though, (and these ducklings are early, remember. No one told them that though.
tongue.png
) should I take the 2 and 3 day old ducklings out on Wednesday night to make room for any others who will hatch out Thursday and later? Quickly? (I do keep opening it a tiny bit to prop it open with a pencil as the humidity gets over 85% if I don't I do fear that may be too high for these chicken eggs though too. Hope not.)

Lisa

Last edited:
is it ok to take out any dried, hatched ducklings when they are 1-2 days old to make room for the other eggs to hatch easier? As long as I do it very quickly and put them into an already warm brooder box?They're in the Genesis 1588; 38 eggs/chicks/ducklings in all.....

Back
Top Bottom