Question about Jenny area

That's good to know. We're still not sure how many Tom's and Jennies we have... 4 and 4 maybe, or if we're lucky 3 and 5.

I do have a question for you - in another thread you mentioned the dangers of chicken wire and turkeys... Do you think there is a safe height where I can switch from hardware cloth to chicken wire? Above 3 feet? Above 4 feet? We don't want to risk our Tom's.
I would say above 4'.

Personally I don't use hardware cloth. I am using 2"x4" welded wire. Unfortunately poults can walk right through it.

Hardware cloth is better.

I would say above 4'.

Personally I don't use hardware cloth. I am using 2"x4" welded wire. Unfortunately poults can walk right through it.

Hardware cloth is better.

Yeah, I'm using a combo of welded wire, hardware, and chicken wire. We have a rather large amount of chicken wire on hand due to a clearance sale, so I was debating using that high up rather than something else.

The lower fencing is also our garden fencing so I am using hardware to keep other varmits out. That was 4 ft wide but with skirting only about 3 ft high, so I think I might just buy welded wire to finish the job.

I actually have a 100 ft of welded on hand, but it's pretty good quality (we used it for fencing). I'll go see if there is such a thing as 'cheap' welded wire.

Yeah, I'm using a combo of welded wire, hardware, and chicken wire. We have a rather large amount of chicken wire on hand due to a clearance sale, so I was debating using that high up rather than something else.

The lower fencing is also our garden fencing so I am using hardware to keep other varmits out. That was 4 ft wide but with skirting only about 3 ft high, so I think I might just buy welded wire to finish the job.

I actually have a 100 ft of welded on hand, but it's pretty good quality (we used it for fencing). I'll go see if there is such a thing as 'cheap' welded wire.
I do have chicken wire on the lower portion of the garden fence to keep the bunnies out.

Back
Top Bottom