Question about lockdown

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by snackquack, May 29, 2017.

1. snackquack

snackquack Just Hatched

May 4, 2017
    Were incubating duck eggs and have to lock them down today. But im really confused. I read stuff that said during lockdown, you raise the humidity to 70-75% but on a thread i saw the person say they had the humidity at 40% and someone told them to lower it to 25%. But isnt that bad?

Also, what exactly are we looking for when we candle them right now?

How should we lay them? Pictures on google arent really helping

I dont know what temperature or humidity to lock them down in and i need help

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    You can read so many things----it's best to find a Good Duck hatcher and see if they will help you than to read ALL these post with so many different things. I have seen some people steady post helping post and have never hatched a egg??? I am not a duck hatcher--I am a chicken hatcher but have hatched a few ducks, but until a GOOD one comes on do this. Get your humidity 70+% temp the same as for incubation around 100, just lay them on their side and Lock-down. Good Luck

3. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Xs 2
    Chicken, duck, quail, turkey, they all on average need higher humidity to hatch in.

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Oh, if you candle and mark the air cell, the side that dips down on the egg should be placed upward if you want to be able to tell when they pip.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by