Question about Poults and Snoods....

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I have noticed recently that a couple of my poults have bigger snoods than the other 3.. I am wondering if maybe those are possibly males? or is it just wishful thinking
roll.png

Forgot to add that they're Blue Slates.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey Bleenie!
frow.gif
I dont know but thats how I tell my midget whites apart-male has a snood that is starting to hang over to one side.
sickbyc.gif
My first turkey experience so it's all new to me!

The 2 i am thinking are males both have snoods that are a little bigger and more erect than the others..one of them is definitely bigger than the others though too..the 2nd is very close to being in the middle(size wise) of the big one and the "girls". My first Turkeys too!

How old are they? I didn't think I could see much difference in the snoods until about 10 weeks. Then the males snoods start to grow. I have one Bourbon Red that i think is a tom but it has a short snood still at 12 weeks. But by 10 weeks, snoods, caruncles, and waddles are mostly distinct enough to make pretty good guesses. I'm still not convinved about that odd B Red, though.

They're maybe 3 weeks old? so still very young but there's 1 thats been bigger since hatch and this other one has finally caught up to it and both their feet look a little bigger too.

Back
Top Bottom