Question about processing Turkey...

M@M@2four

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
USA
Okay...so my turkeys like to go up into the rafters at night. When I opened up the barn this morning, I found a freshly dead turkey hen. She fell out of the rafters and hit her head(top of her head was all swollen and bloody). I have had this happen before and another turkey broke it's neck(didn't die right away, so I gave to my neighbor to process). My question is because it's freshly dead, is it too late to process it? Or is that a complete "no no?" I just hate to see a whole turkey and all that meat go to waste! Please, any advice would be great!!! Thanks!

It;s very cool here---60 degrees and windy. How long is too long too process a turkey? Hours wise? I mean, it's been dead now for a couple hours....

Then it should be fine if you process it this morning. Get with it....Thanksgiving isn't to far away
smile.png

M@M@2four :

It;s very cool here---60 degrees and windy. How long is too long too process a turkey? Hours wise? I mean, it's been dead now for a couple hours....

OMG you have a line of self-slaughtering TURKEYS!!! If it wasn't a fatal flaw you'd make MILLIONS!!!

Look at all the agony on these threads as people start trying to process their own. You could so totally corner the market.

Darn. There's that fatal flaw problem again. I'd give a pretty penny for a chicken that brained itself when it was time to go to the freezer.

Smile - there's always a silver lining. You just have to be warped to see it.
hu.gif

Quote:
OMG you have a line of self-slaughtering TURKEYS!!! If it wasn't a fatal flaw you'd make MILLIONS!!!

Look at all the agony on these threads as people start trying to process their own. You could so totally corner the market.

Darn. There's that fatal flaw problem again. I'd give a pretty penny for a chicken that brained itself when it was time to go to the freezer.

Smile - there's always a silver lining. You just have to be warped to see it.
hu.gif

LOL!!!! I know!
gig.gif

I'm soaking the bird right now in ice cold water...I read on here to let it soak for 24-48 hours. Is this correct? And I also read some soak it in salt water. Any other suggestions...I need DETAILED instructions. Please feel free to draw pictures, a small power-point presentation of some sort would be good...I'm really open to any help offered as this is my first time.
big_smile.png
lol Seriously, someone??? Anyone???? HELLLLPPPP!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom