Question about showing my Marans roo - UPDATE - Pic added!!!

ChickenWisperer

Songster
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
KY
Will I be able to show him?

I dont think the breed is recognized by the APA, are they? Even so, could I still show him? He is an amazing beautiful bird, I'll have to post some pictures of him.

:::EDIT:::

Here he is:

12583_dsc00664.jpg

Isnt he beautiful?
big_smile.png

So, honestly.....could I go anywere with him? I dont know much about the Marans as a breed, so im not sure if hes a good representation of breed standards, but to my eyes, hes better than most Cuckoo Marans roos ive seen (but im being swayed - hes my special boy
wink.png
).

Last edited:
Lol, once again, anouther spelling error.
lol.png

I should really stop making posts when im tired....Anyway, thanks speckledhen.
wink.png

Marans are not in the SOP so I do not think they can be shown at an APA sanctioned show. I do know that the Marans Club does have competitions and I believe the judging is based on the proposed standard. Marans breeders are working hard to get the breed accepted. If I am wrong someone correct me.

They can be shown but can advance no further than Best Of Breed. Absent an established standard they would be judged basically on condition & appearance. Showing them is a good way to increase interest.

I just came across your post, and would like to invite you to check out the yahoo groups that are related to Marans and promotion of the breed, including showing them, the organized process to have them shown for finally having them recognized by the APA. Your beautiful Rooster is actually NEEDED and could be very helpful if you want to show him!
Marans_Chicken_Club is Bev Davis's own and the Marans_Breeders_of_America is another.

Good luck. Marans are wonderful to work with, I would love to see pics of your bird!
Tina/tfpets

Back
Top Bottom