1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question about Ware Coops and nestboxes

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by DarkMelody, Aug 25, 2011.

1. DarkMelody

DarkMelody Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2009
    Somerset, PA
    I have a Ware Chick-N-Hutch that is now too small for my flock. So, I want to add an external Ware nestbox that I just bought to the side of it. The problem is Ware markets these for their "Premium" coops and not the hutch. In my nestbox package, there weren't any dimensions for cutting a hole for the nestbox.

Does anyone have a premium Ware coop that could tell me the dimensions of the opening for the external nextbox?

2. emys

emys Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Idaho
    Measure the inside of the box on the side that attaches to the building. Go from the inside of one wall to the inside of the wall on the other side. Make your hole that large. (Same with height.)

If you are concerned about error because you haven't done this sort of thing before, just subtract half an inch from your measurements when making your hole and that will allow for some slop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by