question about water (may seem silly)

Younger

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 4, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario Canada
I have a question that may seem quite silly but here goes...
I have read that ducks need water at all times when they are eating, so when I put them outside (they are still in the brooder right now) to forge in the grass how will they find the water? I understand when they go into their pen at night they will have access but should I put a dish out in the yard as well?
Thanks

I have a question that may seem quite silly but here goes...
I have read that ducks need water at all times when they are eating, so when I put them outside (they are still in the brooder right now) to forge in the grass how will they find the water? I understand when they go into their pen at night they will have access but should I put a dish out in the yard as well?
Thanks
Yes a small bucket they can stick their heads into or a deep bowl, those blk rubber bowls the feed stores carry would work real well too. you just want to make sure they are old enough not to fall into anything deep and drown, and yes it has happened.

ok thanks again. I may try taking them out tomorrow for a few minutes. It is still cold here but supposed to get to 68 tomorrow. They will be fully supervised.
Don't forget to take pics
smile.png
we love pics,
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom