Question about white sikies

Alexia

Songster
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
Southern California
I just hatched my first white silkie chick. She/He is so cute. Those were shipped egg and I bought them as white silkies. My question is the baby looks more buff than white. Can anyone tell if this is a white silkie or a buff one?

When mine hatched I had three that were white and one that was a buff/cream color.. and now its white... Just have to wait and see as it gets older..

I have hatched silkies and other breeds too that are white, but when they first just hatch, they are very light blonde, just like your photo.

Wait for it to grow up and you might see the color of the feathers growing white.

I ordered them on eBay. First set I only got 3 out of 12 egg. Second batch I ordered 6 eggs and they are all developing. They are due on Feb 3rd

Do they give you money back on those failed eggs? or you have to "risk" it ? I am so afraid to order eggs ! I want to buy some breeds, but I am afraid I will lose them !!

No money back. Only one chick hatched healthy. Second one was malformed (missing one eye and one leg attached to belly). I will probably going to have to cull it :(. Third one died while hatching. It's been a very sad hatch

Back
Top Bottom