Question for Eglu cube owners

tmac

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
seattle
Hi there!
New urban chicken mom here. I have three 8-week old pullets and we have purchased an Omlet Eglu cube for them. I have a question for other eglu owners: how did you teach your chickens to walk up the ladder to the coop part? My girls seem curious about the coop but have no idea how to get inside. my kids have tried to 'teach' them to climb the rungs by setting one on the bottom rung and moving their legs like they're climbing stairs. doesn't seem to work tho. any ideas/suggestions? are they too young to know or learn how to do it? any advice would be appreciated!
thanks!!

I've had better luck teaching chickens, parrots, animals and humans about stairs, ladders and ramps with a different technique. When teaching them to go up, I place them almost at the top. It seems less intimidating and the goal is more achievable, when it's just a short distance. They seem to be able to do it on their own much easier. Once they can get in from the top rung, then you can place them farther down the next time. Once one of them starts to get it, the rest will follow.

You'll find a lot more Eglu owners over on the Omlet forums, if you have any questions that are very specific to their products. For most things, though, we'll be happy to try to help you over here. I think the cube is a nice addition to their line. What color did you get?

Thanks for the advice! i'll definitely try that out soon, and check out the omlet forums too. We got the green cube. it looks great in the yard!

tmac

Back
Top Bottom