Question for grocery store cashiers!

Quote:
The cashier's time score is destroyed by price checks and item exchanges. WIC and food stamps really are a PIA. There is a way to freeze time temporarily although the cashiers are not usually taught how to do it.

Quote:
I'm from Western MA as well and now live in Upstate NY, and I've never seen anybody put a basket on the belt either. Maybe it is a regional thing.

Quote:
I'm from Western MA as well and now live in Upstate NY, and I've never seen anybody put a basket on the belt either. Maybe it is a regional thing.

Yeah.. thats what i am thinking too...

Quote:
Yeah, in our area, the stacks of baskets are down by the cashier's end of things. If there had been a stack at the front of the belt the rules would have been more obvious. Interesting answers though! I just do as the other folks seem to be doing.

Yeah,that makes sense then.... if the baskets are at the other end of the register..
smile.png

I can see how people put the baskets on the belt then..

Quote:
You are right... when you think about it a customer is emptying one basket versus the cashier emptying 30 a day... and to think how much shoulder/arm action we could all save him/her if we all emptied the baskets!

Quote:
The cashier's time score is destroyed by price checks and item exchanges. WIC and food stamps really are a PIA. There is a way to freeze time temporarily although the cashiers are not usually taught how to do it.

wonder what happens when it is not busy at the stores, how down time is accounted for in the count.

Quote:

im lazy i do it alot i always put the basket on the belt and its usually over flowing. i do it at dollar genereal, walmart ,iga grocery ,and dollar tree weekly. lol they must hate me

Quote:
Yeah, it's standard procedure where I live to unload one's own groceries. Heck, half the time the the open registers are self serve and you scan your own stuff, bag, and pay for it yourself.

Quote:

im lazy i do it alot i always put the basket on the belt and its usually over flowing. i do it at dollar genereal, walmart ,iga grocery ,and dollar tree weekly. lol they must hate me

You said it. The shift key is right there, to the left and right of your pinky fingers.

Back
Top Bottom