Question for Ideal Poultry or anyone else who might know?

jywel417

Songster
11 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Atlanta
Hello,

I had heard you all mention before that Ideal supplies chicks to some of the Tractor Supply stores in Georgia and NC if I am not mistaken, and was wondering if Ideal supplied chicks to Tractor Supply stores in East Tennessee? Thanks to anyone who responds !!!

I dont think any of us would know (Unless you live in TN) I would say ask you feedstore who there supplier is, because they might be supplied by anouther hatchery, like Murray Mcmurray.

smile.png
Hope I helped

Yeah, I tried that two times actually. . . the one guy who seemed to act like he knew about chickens had no clue, thought maybe out of Georgia. I was in another time and it looked like they had a fairly new shipment so I asked one of the female employees I had heard saying she unpacked them. She said she thought they came from Texas, ran in the back and checked the box to see if it said, she didn't find a name of any hatchery that she could tell me but said Texas so I wondered maybe if that would be Ideal . . . that would have actually been the shipment I got some of my critters out of too lol

We are not the supplier for TN this year. It would be either Mt Healthy or Privett. But, we all drop ship from other hatcheries so unless you saw the postmark you really would not know where they came from. For example, Mt Healthy does not have near the number of bantams they need so we ship their bantams. Last week we were short on Ducks so Privett shipped a lot of our ducks. We are competitors but also work together to supply product to our customers.

Teri
Ideal

Thanks everyone !!!! Am attempting to identify what my chicks I picked up may or may not be and was hoping that by maybe narrowing down the hatcheries they might have come from might also help narrow my possible breeds
smile.png

Quote:
Its so nice to know that you guys actually help eachother out even though you guys are cometitiors and not just watch the other hatcheries fall way behind and leave their customers hanging
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom