question for the 'architects' and those with knowledge

Ehhh....gullwing usually refers to a top hinged door....so kinda maybe.
I don't think there is a 'real' name for what you have there.
No snow in SC, eh?

Coop looks pretty cool......roosts look kind close to wall tho, once bird gain full size.
Do poop boards 'swing' on those chains?...can the birds land on them without much movement??

Last edited:
Gullwing is the name.

The problem is snow collects where the pitch changes.

If the walls are higher. You can have a regular roof with more room on the same foot print.
Ehhh....gullwing usually refers to a top hinged door....so kinda maybe.
I don't think there is a 'real' name for what you have there.

No snow in SC, eh?

Coop looks pretty cool......roosts look kind close to wall tho, once bird gain full size.
Do poop boards 'swing' on those chains?...can the birds land on them without much movement??
Nope. If we get 6" I consider myself lucky. I like snow, I guess because I never had to live with a lot of it, it's a rare treat for me! It's pretty, and gone in under a week.

"Dormer" is the closest thing I could find, and even then I'm not sure if that would apply to one that extends the full length of the building.

Yes, they do swing, and that's mainly to help prevent the chickens from roosting on their edges, which would defeat the purpose. As for the roost's distance, they are each 12" from the walls. Maybe a bit tight for the larger breeds, but I figured good enough for Easter Eggers. None of mine are much longer than that in total length anyway. The smaller pullets usually jump up onto the cabinet first then onto the roost of their choice. Some use the tray edge as a 'springboard', other's not.

Back
Top Bottom