Question for those of you w/chicken tractors...

my tractors are 4x12 and are extremely heavy, I can see grass damage after one day with five chickens, so I move mine daily (two days at one location is max.), I tried moving them with a tractor with front end loader and that did not work so now I use a two wheeled dolly similar to the ones used to move a refrigerator but much bigger tires, they run me over going down hill and I need help pulling them up hill, I have aprons of galvanized wire on all four sides that fold up for moving.

I originally had a tractor that my husband built. The wheels were removable from the axle. When you wanted to move it, you raised the tractor a bit [with a dolly], popped on the wheels, pinned them in place, and then went to your new location and removed the wheels.

One thing I will say is that you need to have a consistently flat piece of property in order to move the tractor about. Seemed like every time we'd move it, there's be a gap somewhere because the the spot wasn't completely flat. It became such a chore to find a totally flat spot that we finally quit moving it and built a permanent coop in another location.

Back
Top Bottom