Question for those of you who have ordered mealworms by mail

erinlee

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 11, 2010
Baldwin MI
Hi everyone-

I sincerely must be crazy addicted to my little chicks already as I ordered mealworms and have all the supplies setup and ready to start raising these ugly little worms for them LOL.

I ordered mealworms from ebay and the auction stated they would be shipped overnight....well they were not. Over half arrived dead. In addition, they were not shipped in any sort of meal....just worms in a plastic container. Are mealworms normally shipped in their meal/food source? Everytime I buy a small container of them at the store, they come in their bedding/food substrate.

Obviously I already have a complaint with this guy because he did not ship them overnight; but I just want to find out if they should have been shipped with some substrate as well or are they normally shipped "dry"?

Thanks!
Erin

I ordered mealworms from the Petco web site recently and they were automatically sent overnight, although in a wire container without any bedding. Most or all were in good shape upon arrival. Definitely the way to go ($16/1000, no shipping charges).

Back
Top Bottom