Question , kind of legal regarding check payment

Quote:
You can too send "cash"/money orders from walmart to walmart...
I've done it before and the person got cash at the walmart i sent it too... no check or MO to deposit at the bank.

that isn't a Money Order. that is a money gram. . Wal-mart doesn't cash money orders.

Yes, Wal-Mart DOES cash MoneyGram Money Orders. Part 1 purchases the Money Order from their Wal-Mart. Party 1 sends the Money Order via MAIL to Party 2. Party 2 goes to their own Wal-Mart and cashes the Money Order. The Wal-Mart will charge a $3.00 cashing fee, unless otherwise noted at that store. HOWEVER. The Money Order MUST be made out to Wal-Mart in order to cash it. Otherwise Party 2's bank will need to cash the amount. This method does have a receipt, but in my opinion is less reliable than the Money Transfer which maintains a record for quite some time and is easily tracked by MoneyGram.

MoneyGram Money Transfers are entirely different. Those can be done within 10 minutes and will be available at ANY Wal-Mart in that state. The person will need to have their state or government issued ID to pick it up OR the sender can have a test question and answer applied to the Money Transfer. This will allow the recipient to retrieve the Money Transfer without an ID.

Any questions? I know rates as well!
wink.png

I only suggested that you stop payment on the check if they refuse to give it back to you after you handed them cash. I wasn't suggesting that you stop payment on the check for any other reason.

Back
Top Bottom