Question!! :) Need some love making tips for Scovies

Big Dreamer

Songster
9 Years
Aug 21, 2010
Central, FL
love.gif
I was just wondering....If Scovies paired off, or do the drakes need the usual ratio??
frow.gif
Just wondering!!
woot.gif

One drake to six or even more hens should produce viable eggs. They do not pair up. They may have their favorite, but they will spread their loving around.
lol.png

Quote:
yes and if there are not enough muscovy hens around to keep them happy they will try to mate anything that moves. I caught one of my drakes holding down a wild rabbit he had caught!

Quote:
yes and if there are not enough muscovy hens around to keep them happy they will try to mate anything that moves. I caught one of my drakes holding down a wild rabbit he had caught!

LMAO
gig.gif
lau.gif

My drake, Sidney & hen Shakers really got sweet on eachother this year, they were practically inseperable, lol. He even sat in the coop most of the day while she brooded their first clutch but he was definitely still able to take care of at least 7 other girls. Total i have about 18+hens and 2 drakes that are of breeding age. Awesome fertility this year up until the cold weater hit, then our hatches went down to only getting a few live babies out of a nest of 7-10eggs.

Back
Top Bottom