Question of the Day - Saturday, April 13th, 2024

Pics
It is not known where it originated but possibly as early as the 1500’s by Native Americans. Thought that possibly the English gave it the name short because it was, yes, short. And, it can be made with biscuit, scone, or cake. I have only seen it made with like an Angel cake.
Then you don't know the true joy of a real shortcake. Made with shortening, it really is a delight to eat

That is gross

traditionally it is eaten with tea

Actually tea is indian

Most British people do not have tea breaks. Some do but it is very rare. Cream tea is usually something that people have when they go on holiday to Cornwall or Devon. Tea breaks last happened commonly about 100 years ago.
According to The Nutcracker, tea is Chinese.

Then you don't know the true joy of a real shortcake. Made with shortening, it really is a delight to eat
So, Angel cake can’t be made using shortening? And, maybe it can’t. I have never made it, only ate it. But, I have never made a short cake either.
I grew up in house where shortening was a staple.
Im just saying that i don’t think that is how it got its name.

And, I like telling you that you are wrong sometimes

So, Angel cake can’t be made using shortening? And, maybe it can’t. I have never made it, only ate it. But, I have never made a short cake either.
I grew up in house where shortening was a staple.
Im just saying that i don’t think that is how it got its name.

And, I like telling you that you are wrong sometimes
Angel food cake is way too light. It's made with eggs whites and sugar among other things. But never shortening. And, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I really thought it was called short cake because of the shortening. Which, I guess is true, but not in the sense I thought. Either way, try shortcake made with shortening, it's really good and not at all like angel food or biscuits

Angel food cake is way too light. It's made with eggs whites and sugar among other things. But never shortening. And, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I really thought it was called short cake because of the shortening. Which, I guess is true, but not in the sense I thought. Either way, try shortcake made with shortening, it's really good and not at all like angel food or biscuits
Moral of the story: Don't question a lunch lady about food.

Back
Top Bottom