Question of the Day - Wednesday, May 8th, 2024

I don't think I've ever had a school lunch and if I did, I don't remember it. I was homeschooled, so it was basically what was in the cupboard like any other day. :idunno

Kids still have to pay for their lunch, unless they qualify for a free lunch
They started giving every kid here a free lunch and breakfast during Covid and never stopped. Don't know why, but you don't look a free chicken in the beak. I think that is how that goes, anyway.

I don't remember liking any food at school other than the steak and baked potato they gave us on the football team on Friday afternoon on game day.

The only thing I remember that was interesting on the regular lunches was one time they gave us the little half pint milk cartons that said "Do not drink, experimental milk" I don't know what that was about, but they gave them to us for a whole year.

I don't remember liking any food at school other than the steak and baked potato they gave us on the football team on Friday afternoon on game day.

The only thing I remember that was interesting on the regular lunches was one time they gave us the little half pint milk cartons that said "Do not drink, experimental milk" I don't know what that was about, but they gave them to us for a whole year.
Did you drink them?

I'm going to guess you were used as a test market.

Did you drink them?

I'm going to guess you were used as a test market.
I think I did. I was one of those kids that if you told me not to do something, I was going to do it. It said on the carton not to, so, yeah, probably.

I don't know if that has anything to do with me growing an extra big toe on one foot the summer after 8th grade or not.

I think I did. I was one of those kids that if you told me not to do something, I was going to do it. It said on the carton not to, so, yeah, probably.

I don't know if that has anything to do with me growing an extra big toe on one foot the summer after 8th grade or not.
"Oh no that's nothing to do with it. Just some radiation poisoning from exisiting"

-Sketchy Milk Co.

They started giving every kid here a free lunch and breakfast during Covid and never stopped. Don't know why, but you don't look a free chicken in the beak. I think that is how that goes, anyway.
That was nationwide. And if it's still going on, one of two things happened. Either your governor signed it where that Covid relief is still happening which means your taxes are higher. Or the school district average household income is below the national poverty level and every kid qualifies for free. That happens a lot. Remember, it's an average and it includes every household, regardless of if they have kids in the school or not

Back
Top Bottom