Question on eggs that didnt make it.?

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
I opened up the eggs that did not hatch they were dead but seemed odd to me. From the air sac on down one side was like the air sac extended all the way on one side. What would cause this? and is this the reason they never piped and died?

The air cell was just ripped off the shell. Usually caused by rough handling and usually coincides with scrambled eggs. If it's just the air cell that is funky, they could still hatch.

Now that makes sence. I have a roo who always gets in my nests and kicks out the eggs. So it could very possibly be that he may have damaged the eggs. Wow, maybe he needs to find a new home.
frow.gif

Quote:
Lol! He could definitely be the problem! Try moving the nests higher and putting little crooks in the coop. Roosters like to go inside nests and dig and chirp. He's telling his ladies "wow, look at this nest I found! You girls should lay some eggs in here, it's really great!" If you offer little hiding places (well lit to deter hens from laying in them) the rooster might be more interested in investigating those instead of the nesting boxes. But the hens might too!

Back
Top Bottom