Question on genotype of White Spitzhaubens.

phasianidae

Crowing
13 Years
Nov 9, 2010
What genotype allows for a white bird with a black tail tipped such as this?:
71540_appenzeller_spitzhaubenhuhn_1.jpg
taken from this link: http://breedsavers.blogspot.com/2011/05/appenzeller-spitzhauben.html

The birds are silver, wheaten, columbian and dark brown. I have produced birds like the one in the picture.

Tim

Last edited:
Quote:
It IS possible to get a White Spitzhauben with little or no spangling. He should be a week old by now and what does his wing feathers look like?

Quote:
It IS possible to get a White Spitzhauben with little or no spangling. He should be a week old by now and what does his wing feathers look like?

He will be a week old on Saturday. I will take more pics then. The ones that have come in so far are white. He also doesn't have much of a 'poof' starting on his head like the other one does.

Quote:

He will be a week old on Saturday. I will take more pics then. The ones that have come in so far are white. He also doesn't have much of a 'poof' starting on his head like the other one does.

Where did you get him from?

I got him from "seramaland2" in Bethel, Ohio. Here are some updated pictures. These two were born approximately 12-14 hours apart, and at this point there is a considerable size difference. Also, the mostly-yellow guy still has no little top-knot forming at all. I'm starting to think it's not a Spitz!
hu.gif

52854_baby_spitz_008.jpg

52854_baby_spitz_012.jpg

I think this picture is funny - it makes the normal-colored girl look GIANT!
52854_baby_spitz_014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom