Question on shipped eggs,Mods not sure if this is in the right section

HenPen

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
New Hampshire
I was not sure where to post this so if it is in the wrong area I apologize to the Mods and I ask that they kindly move it to where it should be.

I was wondering how everyone felt about shipping eggs in colder weather? Is it safe? Is there a special way to ship them so they don't freeze? Is it best not to ship below a certain temp? ect....I am interested in running my bator one last time but I don't want to waste the time and money on shipped eggs that will freeze during shipping or lose viability.... Any input is greatly appreciated,Thanks.

I don't like to ship or recieve eggs when it's this cold out. Some send them with a heat pack, but I'd rather just wait. If they get stuck sitting on a freezing dock over night, I don't think it's going to do them any good.

Quote:
When do you say its too cold?Certain time of year or do you judge it by the climate?

Last edited:
I sort of check the temps here and the destination. I've had eggs shipped in the teens and they made it and I had a good hatch. It was an unexpected temp drop. Usually, I don't like to ship when temps are under 25 or so. It is more of a chance, certainly.

Back
Top Bottom