Question Regarding First Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hudsonhousechicks, Oct 13, 2010.

1. hudsonhousechicks

hudsonhousechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    My BO started laying last week on Wednesday. One of my Sussies just started today.
    Every time I see an egg in the nesting box I am THRILLED BEYOND BELIEF AND FILLED WITH
    CHICKIE LOVE!!! [​IMG]

Does this ever get old?! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. lotsachicks

lotsachicks Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2010
    S. Texas
    not that I've noticed...I can spend hours in the coop with the girls just waiting for eggs [​IMG]

3. HarryBun12

HarryBun12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    No.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:X 2.

5. hudsonhousechicks

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    Well that is reassuring cuz I tell ya, it's really brought out my inner freak!
    I'm obsessed. I even made a little 3 minute movie and put it on YouTube.
    It's called The Eggity Lady. You can also see it on my blog. The link is below.
    Forget the Chicken Whisperer, I feel like the Chicken Stalker.
    I imagine they say to each other, ""You ever get that feeling
    like someone's watching you?"

6. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    I get more exercise now that my girls started laying over the weekend than I have all summer. I call it the egg checkin' obstacle course. Out the door, down the steps, down the drive, down the hill, around the coop, open the door, check the box, close the door, around the coop, up the hill, up the drive, up the steps, in the door, plop in the chair. If there was an egg, add in a gushing thank you and a pet to each girl, and a stop at the fridge to put it away. [​IMG]

7. hudsonhousechicks

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    tomhusker that's darn funny and I COMPLETELY understand! How many times a day do you run the course?
    OH! You have Lavender Orps?! That's my dream bird. And barred rocks, too? Very nice.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  8. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    Not very often, really, only about every 45 minutes from 8:00 am until around 3:00 pm.......

Lavender Orps are gorgeous, but I like my Jersey Giants better..... still second fiddle to my BR's tho. First in the flock, first in my heart.

9. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

No it never gets old. They never ceases to amaze me the strange places I've found them. Even with 7 boxes for 12 hens any where there is a pile of hay they make a nest. ps I have horses so theres lots of hay floating around. [​IMG]

10. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    I have 3 ee's as part of my flock this year. When I found my first green egg I came running at a break-neck speed into the house screaming IT'S GREEN. IT'S GREEN I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S GREEN. My 3 teenagers and about a dozen of their friends were all subjected to having an egg shoved in their face by a 47 yo woman acting like a 10 yo.

I can't even put into words how I felt when one of the other ee's started laying blue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by