Question regarding Red-Sexlinks

Quote:
Yep, missed it while I was typing.
smile.png
Thanks for clarifying. I might try it (orps) anyway, just for fun.

Quote:
YES!

thumbsup.gif
I love it. All that studying in college years ago is finally making sense!! LOL!

OK... here's the set from this last hatch. It's not all of them, but just one of each color variation to show the range of colors I'm getting from this one pen. (RIRxDelaware)

IMG_6919.jpg

IMG_6912.jpg

I was not expecting chipmunk stripes... I get really dark red with the stripes, all the way up to a wheat color with stripes, and pure yellow (the one with the blue spot on his head). So, the question is, how many are girls in the picture with 7 chicks?
hu.gif

Someone told me that if my Dellie hens have the silver gene, then the whites are boys, and the gingers are girls. If she doesn't have the gene, then the gingers are the boys, and the chipmunk stripes are girls. Can anyone shed any light on this? All of these chicks were from two Dellie hens under a RIR roo...
hu.gif

Thanks RareRoo for the photos of the Buff Orpington/Barred Rock crosses! I have 50 eggs in the incubator of that same cross, due to hatch next week. Now I know what they'll look like! Thanks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom