Questions about aging? In jest.

Bunnylady: I agree that a good life insurance review could be in order. I have the small Laser One and I just found out that the same madman designed the 49er. For me (and probably Sour) sailing that thing would be a form of assisted suicide.

Amen! on that, brother Capvin.
ep.gif

Bunnylady: I agree that a good life insurance review could be in order. I have the small Laser One and I just found out that the same madman designed the 49er. For me (and probably Sour) sailing that thing would be a form of assisted suicide.

Hubby and his brother sailed a Laser when they were in high school. BIL has owned Hobies for the last 25 years, and even he thinks his bro is nuts! When Hubby got this thing last year, I told him that I may have been game for the bicycling (we started doing 100-mile bike rides when he turned 30) but no way, no how was I even going to think about crewing on the 49er. DD tried it once, and after getting whacked by the boom, decided once was enough for her. 15-year-old DS has been crewing, and actually seems to like it. If anything, this kid has an over-developed sense of self-preservation, so it's nice to see him showing a bit of backbone (even if I wish his dad wasn't!). I suspect some of the guys in the sailing club have boat envy . . .
hmm.png

Yes, sitting down is "oof" getting out of a vehicle is uuhhh, most movements are "oww".

Why does this woman who I have slept next to for 48 + years suddenly snore like a trooper forcing me from the bedroom?
Why has she become a world class belcher, and nothing said about other gaseous releases.
Why does she not hear/misunderstand most of what I say.
Why can't I hear her - honest, it's not intentional as she claims.
Why have robins stopped singing in the morning?
Why do the headlights of oncoming vehicles glare so?
Why does Wendy's give me the 'senior discount' without asking?
old.gif

"oof", "uuhhh", and "oww" remain the same after 5 years.
The woman is still a world class snorer, but at least she is still next to me. :love
We both now have hearing devices/aids - still manage to miss communicate.
I can now hear her and robins in the morning.
Cataract surgery has corrected (pretty much) my lost night vision.

Wendy's is still offering the 'senior discount'.

In a moment of melancholy, I resurrected this old thread. What has sadly changed is that many of the participants are no longer active on BYC. The Princess and I remain in what I regard as very good health. All is well in my world. Friends, how are you all doing ?

Well, I'm 4.5 weeks into my vertigo episode - several "head adjustments," haven't put the crystals back where they belong. But I'm getting used to it and compensate pretty well. They always said I had rocks in my head .

I sewed a button on a shirt for the first time in 32 years. As a kid I always threaded the needle for my mom. She was the seamstress yet never taught my sister or I how to sew. She could do magic with any pattern and even sewed clothes for my sister's Barbie Dolls and made horse blankets for my Breyer horse collection. Oddly she could not thread her own needle, so one of my chores was to thread the needle before she could start. I always obliged her as my reward was to be allowed to go through the 'button box'. She had the most wonderful collection of buttons.

Today, I had to use the little silver thingy to thread my needle. I was barely able to see the tiny silver loop on the end of that thing. Now, I never used one of these things before in my life and I dropped the needle first thing. Couldn't find it. Not wanting to get up-I have a carnivorous couch that likes to eat buttocks- I carefully picked up the spare needle from the paper envelope it was in. I managed to get the needle threaded, and now had the challenge of finding the button that somehow wandered off into the folds of the shirt like a lost calf in a green pasture.

Nature obliged by covering the sun with dark clouds and I lost some of the natural lighting in the house. The glare from the energy efficient bulb was aggravating, and my eyeballs don't work well in low light-despite having state of the art Progressive lenses. I had a light colored button lost in the folds of a light colored shirt. I really didn't want to get up, so I searched and finally managed to find the tiny thing. Why the scrap does a man's shirt have tiny buttons?

Finally I was ready. I had my needle threaded and my button placed just so. But, dang it, I swear the holes in the back of the button did not match with the holes in the front of the button. I can suture a laceration with no problem, and I was not about to be beaten by a dang button! Once I stopped the bleeding in my fingers I managed to sew that button in place. Then that little plastic disc had the audacity to break! What the.....? Buttons can break?

I flung the shirt aside and jumped up so the butt-eating couch wouldn't get me.....and found the lost needle.

Once I stop the bleeding, I'm gonna burn that shirt.

Old people like to burn things. The fire keeps our fingers warm.
:lau This is just too funny

@drumstickdiva, my ex traveling partner the 'Circusman' had recurring problems with vertigo. I think they treated him with Valium - made him nasty as cat stuff.

The doctor told me to get the stuff for sea sickness. He said I would be okay on the bus and not staggering around. He lied. I can't believe Valium would help.

I would love to hear about "Circusman," you always seem to have such interesting people in your life. I did too but, don't know what happened to them after their release.

@drumstick diva , The Circusman is a WW II vet who showed up at my door several years ago with a beagle - the feed mill sicced him on me. We became friends and traveling partners to the field trials. I helped him train dogs, we partnered on several dogs that we handled to their championships. He actually ran away from home as a child and joined the circus to escape an abusive father. He had a dog and pony acts - I've seen the pictures. He started becoming argumentative and verbally abusive, perhaps dementia, and one day we had a verbal altercation. I tried on several occasions to make amends to no avail. He had a million war stories, was 'blanket' prejudiced but on an individual basis treated all equally, unschooled but intelligent - all in all an interesting person. He lives alone with a caretaker estranged from two sons and a tenuous relationship with his daughters. Sad.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom