Questions about aging? In jest.

Tani, Sourland is old, but not close to cashing in. He will dance at your wedding.
lol.png

How did my son get to be 47?
barnie.gif
Today is his birthday.

Why is my 14 year old grandson taller than me? Am I shrinking?

Why are they making the waistband tighter on those 32/30 Levis?

Why did I start this thread? Can't remember.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Tani, Sourland is old, but not close to cashing in. He will dance at your wedding.
lol.png

How did my son get to be 47?
barnie.gif
Today is his birthday.

Why is my 14 year old grandson taller than me? Am I shrinking?

Why are they making the waistband tighter on those 32/30 Levis?

Why did I start this thread? Can't remember.
idunno.gif

Sour, I learned this one with my kids, a long time ago. When the question starts with "why," don't bother asking it - you probably won't really want to hear the answer!
hide.gif

I can tell you when it's going to rain, thanks to my left elbow. I can tell when we're going to have a blue norther, left knee. I can tell you when it's going to hot and dry, right shoulder. Well you get the picture. Sour, 32 waist? I wish I could still get into those. Heck I'm just able to get back into 36x32's I've also noticed that some older women are starting to look pretty good. I've noticed that my eyes do not adjust as quickly for light conditions as they used to. But I'm not old!! I still can hit a 2 inch wide target with an iron sighted rifle! So I'm not old, but getting older. . . sigh. At least break dancing doesn't involve anything breaking, yet.
hmm.png

bun.gif
lady, the problem is that I really do know all the answers to my questions.
hide.gif
I'm just hoping that someone will lie to me and make me feel better.
wee.gif

This is beginning to feel like a Fiddler on the Roof moment; is someone going to break out with "Sunrise, Sunset?" Tell you what, I won't if you don't!

Right now, I'd prefer to keep fiddling while the candle burns.

And Tani, I think Pride and Prejudice was Jane Austen's best, followed by Sense and Sensibility.
wink.png

lau.gif

This is all so funny to me. I turned 50 this year, and I remember turning 45 being worse. Stuff started "breaking down". Mr. Sourland, I never remember why I went into a room, but I always remember why I hug Ken. Funny the stuff that sticks.

I can "Get Down!" with the best of them. I just cannot get back up again.... easily. Or without assistance.

Why won't the "sweet spot" in my progressive tri-focal glasses stay put? I feel like I'm bobbing my head when trying to read license plates in traffic, or worse, attempting to scope out street sign names in places I haven't traveled much.

Why am I getting caught in discussions with my close friends about various body functions?

For that matter, why does it take me long enough to perform one of those "functions" that my butt falls asleep LONG before I finish what it's trying to do?

Why did I just spend some time searching on eBay for the absolutely perfect "daily pill containers" because I want two, translucent ones so I can see the pills inside? My morning pills need a fairly large daily "bin" and my night pills don't need as much space.

Why do I determine the day of the week by the pill section label? Or discover I have missed a day because the letter doesn't match the current day of the week? (This IS Saturday, isn't it?)

Why do I need a pill organizer/holder, anyway?

I can "Get Down!" with the best of them. I just cannot get back up again.... easily. Or without assistance.

Why won't the "sweet spot" in my progressive tri-focal glasses stay put? I feel like I'm bobbing my head when trying to read license plates in traffic, or worse, attempting to scope out street sign names in places I haven't traveled much.

Why am I getting caught in discussions with my close friends about various body functions?

For that matter, why does it take me long enough to perform one of those "functions" that my butt falls asleep LONG before I finish what it's trying to do?

Why did I just spend some time searching on eBay for the absolutely perfect "daily pill containers" because I want two, translucent ones so I can see the pills inside? My morning pills need a fairly large daily "bin" and my night pills don't need as much space.

Why do I determine the day of the week by the pill section label? Or discover I have missed a day because the letter doesn't match the current day of the week? (This IS Saturday, isn't it?)

Why do I need a pill organizer/holder, anyway?

HAHAHA!!!! Our new building at work, well, if you sit on the pot long enough the lights go out. Waving hands is not enough. You have to get up, un-latch the door, and THEN wave your arms around. I am Ken's pill organizer. I only have three at this point.

Back
Top Bottom