Questions about pigeon coloring / feathers

LamarshFish

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 26, 2015
I just picked up 4 of my squeakers today (picking up 2 more next week), they are about a month old I think, and can fly but not quite very well yet, and still have some tiny pin feathers on them, so they aren't full mature yet. As you can see in the pic below, they are blue bars and blue checks.
But I notice they don't have much iridescence on their necks, and are quite bluish in color than what I see in many adults, which appear much lighter with more contrasts. I also notice their eyes are not red.

So, will the iridescence come in as they mature? Will they lighten up in color a bit and show more contrast? And will their eyes change color, or just stay dark like this?

I'm pretty new to pigeons but I do believe the eyes will lighten out (eye colour is a good way to tell age, darker=younger) and I think the iridescence will also continue to get brighter and more apparent with age :) Some beautiful squeakers! <3

Yep, they will get their adult colouring (feather colour and eye colour) as they mature over the next vew months.

Young birds have the dark eyes, and duller colouration.

Yep, they will get their adult colouring (feather colour and eye colour) as they mature over the next vew months.

Young birds have the dark eyes, and duller colouration.

That's what I thought. Thank you!!! I will update with some pictures in a few months!

Back
Top Bottom