Questions about showing chickens

Japsgalore

In the Brooder
Oct 18, 2022
Australia, QLD
Hey there, I have recently decided to get some show quality millie fleur d’uccle pullets to show later next year, but I have a few questions about showing first.

1st question: Do I have to breed chickens to show? Don’t get me wrong I would like to breed them, but I also live with people that hate the sound of roosters so I will be only getting pullets to show.

2nd question: how do I go about getting into a chicken show?

And that’s just about all! Apologies if I accidentally post this in the wrong place haha.

Hey there, I have recently decided to get some show quality millie fleur d’uccle pullets to show later next year, but I have a few questions about showing first.

1st question: Do I have to breed chickens to show? Don’t get me wrong I would like to breed them, but I also live with people that hate the sound of roosters so I will be only getting pullets to show.

2nd question: how do I go about getting into a chicken show?

And that’s just about all! Apologies if I accidentally post this in the wrong place haha.
You don’t have to breed chickens to show. As long as you have a chicken, wether you yourself bred it or you bought it off someone, you can show it. Whether you’ll win or not depends on the quality of the pullets you’re getting. I recommend reading the breed/show standard for d’uccles to make sure you’re getting what you pay for.

You don’t have to breed chickens to show. As long as you have a chicken, wether you yourself bred it or you bought it off someone, you can show it. Whether you’ll win or not depends on the quality of the pullets you’re getting. I recommend reading the breed/show standard for d’uccles to make sure you’re getting what you pay for.
Alright, thank you so much for the information! I will read up about the breed/show standard now.

Back
Top Bottom