Questions about this breed

Well my mother in law says she read it somewhere that you can tell by the points on there combs...so Im trying to find out for her for sure, she doesnt want to have to pick up Godzilla...the one that was sold to her as a A lorp as you put it and might be a Giant...lol she said you mean I have to pick him up!!?
lol.png

She did say he has like 7-8 points on his comb and all her hens that are Alorps...have 5-6

Quote:
You aren't going to tell by the comb... The only why I know is by the bottom of the feet till they get older then the Black Jersey Giant should tower over a Australorp.....

Chris

Quote:
You really do not have to pick him up, just watch as he is walking around. It is very easy to spot.

Wow this has been a great learning experience. Hi all and thanks heaps for this post Dace.
wink.png

We have just gone out and checked all our black girls that we have been calling Australorps since we bought them 18 months ago. 'Fluffy Bum', 'Liqourice 1' and 'Liquorice 2' all have yellow soles and are bigger birds than 'All sorts' with creamy soles. They also have bigger combs and wattles.

We have two young roo's from a possible cross between a yellow soled girl and a big beautiful mongrel rooster that was taken by a devil. They are big beautiful boys at 8 months old. Will try to get pics up once I check out the rules and regs.

Back
Top Bottom