Questions about worming quail...?

two crows : thanks for repleying I knew how strong to mix - and 24 hour period but - for growen chickens dosage is x oz. forgot its on bottle in 2 gal. of water for 100 birds -so 1/2 would be for 50 or 1/4 for 25 and so on. but quail are i don't know maybe weigh 4 oz. or so alot smaller than a 6-8 lb. chicken so it seems like it would be alot less per bird ? the chickens are not given all they will drink in 24 hr . period . the way I took it?-2 gal. for 100 growen birds, 1/2 mix for 4-6 week old chicks. -this is what i ment> THANKS

Hi, Very interesting information on the post. Can I ask, even though this post is a long time old, can anyone tell me what risk is there of contracting any of these parasites from consuming raw eggs? I've been told that eating them raw gives you more health benefit, such as the same with chicken eggs. Thanks

Yes, the ingredients in this syrup is safe for all birds. Here is some information on the product and dosing info....

http://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/AVIT#.VXWKu89Viko

I have been following this thread. Thank you to TwoCrows for all the very useful and insightful information. Seems to be so much online about chickens but quail not so much!

I'm concerned my quail may have worms/mites. One has bald patches and looses feathers and she is always dust bathing. I'm in the UK and finding it really difficult to get the right product off the shelf for my birds. Can anyone give me a list of worming/anti parasite products to look into that are suitable for quail.

I had one hen die yesterday. She was acting strange for a couple of days, shes usually very busy, vocal and then she started sleeping a lot, she was puffing her feathers out, standing on one leg and then the other which was odd and shivering every now and then. I kept and eye on her but she passed so quickly and I am now doing all the research I can to understand why...

appreciate any help

Back
Top Bottom