Questions for Speckled Hen/MissyPrissy/Tuffoldhen

ncgnance

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Iredell County, NC
I'm asking one or all of the three of you, because ya'll know alot...one of you mentioned a thermometer/hygrometer you just bought. I looked it up, but lost the info. Next, I finally found a water wiggler, now, is it supposed to read 99.5 INSIDE the wiggler? I've got 99.5 on the outside on 2 hygrometers. I think my next hatch is gonna be set in a basket with a heating pad for a hen. It has GOT to be easier than this.LOL

I use an accurite with a probe used for indoor and outdoor use. The entire unit needs to be IN the incubator.

If the incubator is forced air 99.5 is perfect for air temps.

If it is still air you want the temps to be 101 - 102 at the top of the eggs.

The hardest part is at the very end!

I do have the Accurite thermometer/hygrometer and the Accurite also with the probe that can be used with the water wiggler... BUT I do NOT use the probe one w/ a water wiggler, ( it sits in the kitchen draw)...lol... I don't do the wiggler thing!..... I have great hatches without it and takes up too much space in one of my small bators.. rather set more eggs than a wiggler....my opinion if you have your temps and humidity set right from the beginning you don't need it, its just an option....

You can do with or without a water wiggler. It just helps you understand and see how temps inside the egg do not fluctuate on a dime like air temps will sometimes. Once you get that, you are less likely to have an itchy trigger finger with that thermostat lever, LOL. I use one, but I can incubate perfectly well if they all disappeared from the face of the earth.

Back
Top Bottom