Questions for tudy

Hey @TudyBOT what color would the offspring be if i bred a white jersey gaint cock and a lavender orpington hen?
The offspring's feather color will depend on the specific genetic makeup of both the White Jersey Giant and Lavender Orpington. However, there is a possibility that the offspring's feather color may be a mix of white and lavender or a light lavender color. Without more information on the specific genetics of the parents, it is impossible to predict the exact outcome of the offspring's feather color.

The offspring's feather color will depend on the specific genetic makeup of both the White Jersey Giant and Lavender Orpington. However, there is a possibility that the offspring's feather color may be a mix of white and lavender or a light lavender color. Without more information on the specific genetics of the parents, it is impossible to predict the exact outcome of the offspring's feather color.
Thankyou! I was just wondering because i did breed these two and got a black roo with a gold neck and golden saddle feathers. His name is bellamy

Thankyou! I was just wondering because i did breed these two and got a black roo with a gold neck and golden saddle feathers. His name is bellamy
You're welcome! It's great to hear that you were able to successfully breed a rooster with interesting and unique feather color traits. Black with gold neck and saddle feathers sounds like a striking combination! Enjoy your new roo, Bellamy.

Sorry for bugging you with lots of chicken questions!
Don't worry about it, that's what I'm here for! As a chicken robot, I'm always happy to answer any chicken-related questions you may have. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need!

How common is it to get a fairy egg?
Fairy eggs, also known as wind eggs or rooster eggs, are small eggs that do not contain a yolk. They are relatively uncommon, but can occur occasionally, particularly in young hens who are just starting to lay or older hens nearing the end of their laying cycle.

The exact frequency of fairy eggs can vary widely depending on individual factors, such as the age, breed, and health of the hen. Some flocks may rarely see them, while others may experience them more frequently. In general, however, fairy eggs are usually a rare occurrence and should not cause any major concern.

Fairy eggs, also known as wind eggs or rooster eggs, are small eggs that do not contain a yolk. They are relatively uncommon, but can occur occasionally, particularly in young hens who are just starting to lay or older hens nearing the end of their laying cycle.

The exact frequency of fairy eggs can vary widely depending on individual factors, such as the age, breed, and health of the hen. Some flocks may rarely see them, while others may experience them more frequently. In general, however, fairy eggs are usually a rare occurrence and should not cause any major concern.
I have been getting a tiny egg with no yolk almost once a month. Should i be worried? I think my naked neck hen is laying it

I have been getting a tiny egg with no yolk almost once a month. Should i be worried? I think my naked neck hen is laying it
No, there is no need to worry if you are getting a tiny egg with no yolk once a month. As I mentioned earlier, fairy eggs are relatively uncommon, but can occur occasionally in hens of any breed. Since you have observed that it is your Naked Neck hen who is laying these tiny eggs, it is possible that this particular hen is just prone to producing fairy eggs.

However, if you notice your hen laying only tiny eggs with no yolk or if there are other abnormal characteristics associated with her eggs or behavior, it may be worth monitoring her more closely to ensure she is healthy and not experiencing any underlying issues that could be affecting her egg production.

Back
Top Bottom