Questions. Help please

Here's the "tower". He's playing in a puddle right now. He is covered in mud! Looks like some kind of monster 😂 he ate a lot of grass too. It's very warm and melting today. I'm guessing it's nice there too? He's having a great time. Since he's living the grass, I'm guessing he'll love the fodder too, right? Also, when would be the best time to feed this? It's on mom's buffet server 😂😂😂
20200229_170550_HDR.jpg
20200229_170539_HDR.jpg

It's ready when it's an inch or two. You're not giving it any food, so it's using the seed's stores to grow, plus a tiny bit of sunshine. Much bigger than that and it starts to lose nutritional value.

It's ready when it's an inch or two. You're not giving it any food, so it's using the seed's stores to grow, plus a tiny bit of sunshine. Much bigger than that and it starts to lose nutritional value.
Ok, thanks!

I presume the goose would eat the seed as well? It's not normally something they can get to when it's growing out of the ground.

If you mix the seeds with a potting mix you can let the grass get 4-5 inches tall, without it losing its nutritional value, then you get much more grass for the geese to eat.

If you mix the seeds with a potting mix you can let the grass get 4-5 inches tall, without it losing its nutritional value, then you get much more grass for the geese to eat.
I'm going to try that on my next batch! Thanks everyone!

Here's a quick update, in case anyone was wondering. Silly goose has been eating the rye plain (not sprouted or anything) quite a bit. He has also been enjoying his soupy FR. He loves the fermented alfalfa cubes. He has been eating some grit too, now that he has it. His poop has returned to a nice healthy size and color. Today he got to eat some grass because the snow was melting. That made him very happy. He was also very talkative today, making contented little peep (honk?) noises. For the first time in at least a month he ate the FR dry today, with no encouragement. He went right in his coop and filled his crop up with FR. I was SO happy! He's overall doing great, thanks to all of your guy's help. Big thank yous to : @azygous , @Miss Lydia , @Wyorp Rock , @CindyinSD , @DiYMama540 , @MasterOfClucker , @Goosebaby , @Eggcessive , @casportpony , @Friendly_Lurker , and @Leader Bee . I hope I got everybody, thank you all!!! :wee

I posted a few baby pics a couple pages back. My phone ran out of memory and I have no more space at the moment on it. I'm going to try and get some tomorrow if I can clear my phone off. ;)

Back
Top Bottom