Questions...incubator help

needmorechickens!

Songster
11 Years
Jul 2, 2008
West TN
Ok...I made MissPrissy's bator from the styrofoam cooler and it is working great...I am on day 17 with 5 viable eggs remaining out of 12. They have lots of movement and veining.
yippiechickie.gif

Here is a link to my current 'bator...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=84895

I want to build a new hatcher tonight, because I have new eggs being sent to me now (I know I've waited 'til the last minute)
I have a large cooler (not styrofoam) and everything else I need EXCEPT the 12v transformer.
I found a 15v DC transformer...can I use that? I was thinking I read that you could use anywhere from 9v to 15v without problems.
fl.gif

Also I worry that having the light on one side of the 'bator could make my eggs closer to the light warmer than the others...do you think I should try to put my light in the lid of the cooler in the center...or should i not worry about it since I have the fan?
Thanks for your help!
caf.gif

~Rebecca

15V should be ok with a typical PC fan. It will turn much faster so there will be greater air flow.

If the fan is blowing over the bulb then it shouldn't cause problems ..... just make sure the bulb has a guard around it so the chicks can't get too close to it.

Back
Top Bottom