quick ? about Brisnia oct20 incubator

muddstopper

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 23, 2008
Murphy NC
The glass Thermometer that came with the Brisnea Octagon20 bator isnt agreeing with my accurite digital themometer. I have been trying to regulate the temps for about 3days in prep to set a few eggs and cant seem to get the temps adjusted. The glass thermometer is saying 101 degrees but the bulb is located just below the blower fan in direct exposure to the heat source. I have placed the accurite wire in the same proximity as the glass and I get a reading of about 100.5 degrees so I am assuming the glass thermometer and accurite are pretty close to the same readings. The main body of the accurite is placed in the egg tray and is reading 99.5 degrees and if the wire is placed in the opposite end of the tray it reads 99.7 degrees. Question is, do I adjust the temps in the egg trays to stay in their current ranges, or do I adjust the heat at the glass thermometer to where it is in the correct range. I'm thinking I should go with the temp reading in the trays and forget about the glass thermometer reading, but I am just wanting to be sure.
Anyways I set the eggs about a hour ago and left the accurite thermometer in the bator and will take temp readings when it stabilizes again in a few hours.

Mine is the same way. I just go by the digital thermometer on top of the eggs. I will say one thing - the temperature does not change
smile.png

thanks for the feedback. This is the first time for me, but sort of figured the temp where the eggs lay would be more important than where it comes out of the blower. So far, the temps have stayed deadon at 99.5. The thermistate was a little finicky abou getting adjusted, but once at the temp you want, it stays put.

Back
Top Bottom